Sunday 22 January 2012

Project# 366. Week three

This week was interesting. I spent it out and about, and, although the weather was quite changeable, it was still surprisingly mild for the time of year.

  Sunday 15th January.I always buy my fresh flowers here on a Sunday.This is the honesty box where we pay for the fruit, veg or flowers we take. It sits on the wall by the roadside.You can find these all over the island, where people have produce to sell.




 I love Pussy Willow, so I was pleased to find some to put in the window with my seasonal daffodils.


 Monday 16th January
Today was a stay-at-home kind of day. A couple of students came to the house for lessons and it was great to see the cats at peace, for a change. I'm sure it had a lot to do with the fact that there was a roaring fire in the grate, and it was raining stair-rods outside!
 Tuesday 17th January
I parked next to the fish van by the harbour. As the sea was a bit calmer, I thought that the boats might have been out fishing, and this is the best place to buy fish. The fishmonger there can tell you the name of the boat and even the time the catch was landed!
 






Wednesday 18th January
I went for a walk along the south coast. This is La Rocque, for obvious reasons.







Thursday 19th January. A friend gave me a lift home and commented on the glass in the front door. It is 165 years old and the original  for the house. I felt ashamed because, although it is beautiful, I take it for granted -  as they say 'familiarity breeds contempt'. I will make a point of enjoying it from now on.
 

Friday  20th January.

This the image of a wolf I used to make my first Glogster (see my previous post). This was in response to task from the EVO moderators, week 2. It was fun, and I was grateful to my PLN for tips on how to do it.http://www.glogster.com/suea/myglogster



Saturday 21st January.
 St Helier Yacht Club invited my dance band to play for their annual Burns' Night celebrations. It was, as always, great fun, and started the run of Burns nights which we will be doing this week, culminating in the BIG one- the Jersey Scottish Society- next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment